Market & Cooking Class
Located in the heart of the famous Tra Que organic herb village, the Tra Que Water wheel is a rustic-designed, restored, traditional Vietnamese building. Here you can enjoy the beautiful surroundings while watching the farmers tending to their crops.
The Cooking Class includes a visit to the market, the cooking class, followed by a sit-down lunch to enjoy the fruits of your labour!
. Water wheel’s staff will you at your hotel lobby in Hoi An between 8:15-8:30a.m. You will then cycle to the colorful local market in Hoi An. Here you will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and learn about the ingredients you will use in the cooking class. Make sure to have your camera handy!
. You will then jump back on your bikes and head back to Tra Que Herb Village. Enjoy a rest and special welcome drink at Tra Que Water Wheel on arrival.
. You will be taken around the herb gardens where local farmers work on their crops using traditional methods dating back 300 years.
. Learn traditional methods of preparing and cooking Vietnamese food. Learn how to make flowers and animals out of vegetables as decoration.
– After the lesson, enjoy what you have cooked. (Ingredients can be substituted to suit dietary requirements or allergies)
. Return to the hotel
. Cost: 29$/pax (includes the ticket, bike, local guide and lunch).
Free pickup on bikes provided
Herb garden tour
Tra que specialty
Vegan and vegetarian options
*Price Includes: Pickup and return from Hotel (by bike), English speaking local Chef, visit to a local market, ticket to Tra Que vegetable village, local special drink (made from lemon basil seeds), guided walk through the organic vegetable village, see traditional farming methods and tools, a traditional foot massage, cooking materials, meal with recipes.
- 8.30 am – 13.00pm
- 8:15 am: Our staff will pick you up at your hotel
- 8:30 am: Cycle to Hoi An’s colorful central market by bicycle/motorbike and proceed on ingredient selection
- 9:00 am: Take a rest with our special drinks while being taken around our herb garden where local farmers work on their field using organic methods from 300 years old.
- 9:30 am: Continue to Water Wheel Cooking zone
- 10:00 am: Learn the traditional ways of preparing and cooking Vietnamese food, also making flowers and animal vegetables decoration.
- 2:00 pm: Return to the hotel
Pickup and return from Hotel (by car/taxi and within Hoi An area only), English speaking local Chef, visit to a local market, ticket to Organic vegetable village, local special drink (from lemon basil seeds), guided walk through Organic vegetable village, farming tools, traditional foot massage, cooking materials, meal with recipes, and bottle of mineral water.